Brendan grew up on the Kitsap Peninsula. He has lived in St. Louis and New York City before returning to the Pacific Northwest with his family in 2019.
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
- U.S. vs. UTC Laboratories, resulting in $42.6 million settlement for taxpayers and a multi-million-dollar award to the lead whistleblower arising from a scheme to defraud Medicare for genetic testing services. Brendan represented the lead whistleblower.
- U.S. v. Universal Health Services, resulting in a $117 million settlement for taxpayers and a multi-million-dollar award to the second-filed whistleblower, whom Brendan represented.
- $6.4 million in settlements for a 44 year-old mesothelioma victim exposed to asbestos from building materials containing vermiculite from Libby, Montana.
- $5.1 million in settlements for a 71 year-old mesothelioma victim exposed to asbestos while working as a pipefitter at paper mills and other industrial facilities in Washington and Oregon.
- Barden, et al. v. Johnson & Johnson, et al., No. MID-L-1809-17AS (2019) (briefing and argument resulting in the consolidation of four mesothelioma cases for trial—the first consolidated mesothelioma trial against Johnson & Johnson for asbestos in their Baby Powder and other talcum powder products)
- Paige, et al., v. New York City Housing Authority, No. 17-CV-7481, 2018 WL 3863451 (S.D. N.Y. 2018) (as a matter of first impression, applying the familial status anti-discrimination provisions of the Fair Housing Act to protect children in public housing from lead paint poisoning through a class action lawsuit)
- Washington University School of Law (St. Louis), J.D., 2010, cum laude
- Associate Editor, Journal of Law and Policy
- University of Washington, B.S. Economics, 2006
- New York
- New Jersey
- Washington State Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Taxpayers Against Fraud
- Tacoma Pierce County Bar Association
- Washington State Association for Justice
- Naval Historical Foundation
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2019 (New York), 2021 (Seattle)