- Helped secure over $40 million in restitution on behalf of asbestos victims and their families, including the first plaintiffs’ verdict in a premises liability case in Washington history
- $13 Million jury verdict for a victim of medical malpractice. A patient of Dr. Kristine Brecht at Aesthetic Rejuvenation & Spa in Burien, WA was a victim of botched cosmetic surgeries due to the lack of Brecht’s proper credentials, training, and skills.
- Bird v. Lawless and Construction Systems Management Inc. – negotiated a half million-dollar settlement with purported workplace safety expert who failed to properly cover a hole on landowner’s property, which caused the landowner to trip and fall into the hole
- Wills et al. v. Seattle Children’s Hospital – successfully petitioned the Court to apply premises liability law to mold exposure claims brought with the Stritmatter law firm against Seattle Children’s Hospital after numerous former patients were sickened or killed by hospital mismanagement
- Vargas v. Inland Washington et al. – helped litigate brain injury claim against multiple contractors in case that ultimately went before the Washington Supreme Court and expanded the general contractor’s liability for personal injuries to workers on the jobsite
- U.S. District Court Western District of Washington
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Seattle University School of Law, Seattle, Washington
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Faculty-Selected Teaching Assistant for Professor Catherine O’Neill
- Law Journal: Seattle Journal for Social Justice, Managing Editor
- University of Puget Sound
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Major: Sociology and Gender Studies
- Washington State Bar Association
- Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association
- Washington State Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- Sexual assault
- Catastrophic injury
- Wrongful death
Classes and Seminars and Articles
- Classes and Seminars
- Token Majority Podcast, SKKM, 2022-2023
- No Pets Allowed: Discrimination, Homelessness, and Pet Ownership, Homeless Rights Advocacy Project, 2016
- Saying “Yes”: How California’s Affirmative Consent Policy Can Transform Rape Culture, Seattle Journal for Social Justice, 2016
- Gender Bias in Our Profession, WSAJ Trial News, 2023
- Zoom-Era Ethical Considerations During Depositions, SKKM, 2022
- State sued after girl leaves foster care with 20 teeth in need of repair or extraction, KOMO News, 2021
- CALI Awards for Highest Grades in The Homeless Rights Advocacy Practicum; Legal Writing II; and Lawyering for a Just and Humane World.
- The Mark Reutlinger Scholarship for Excellence in Legal Writing.
Matt Bergman and Ruby Aliment were our attorneys to represent and defend Bill's lawful right to financial compensation from companies in the asbestos industry.
Matt and Ruby provided dedicated, thoughtful, committed service to us, as well as others affected by mesothelioma. Their exceptional dedicated professionalism resulted in successful claims for restitution, which has made a huge difference in the quality of my life. Even though my husband left this world far too young, because of BOUL’s wonderful representation, I am financially secure and able to remain in our dream home on 2.5 acres in rural Hobart, Wa…. EXACTLY what Bill wanted!
Big kudos to this company and their hardworking caring devoted staff! I would highly recommend this firm!
THANK YOU MATT AND RUBY
I am so graceful!