At Bergman Draper Ladenburg, we have just one practice area; we represent families struggling with mesothelioma. That is all we do. By devoting all of our attention and resources to this one challenging area, we are able to offer our clients the best quality legal representation of which we are capable. This degree of concentrated focus also allows us to stay completely familiar with the many intricate issues that always arise in connection with mesothelioma cases, separate and apart from the actual lawsuit.
As part of our representation, we will of course file suit in court on your behalf as well as represent you in the Bankruptcy Trusts:
- Mesothelioma and Asbestos Litigation in Court – We will evaluate your case, employing the extensive proprietary database of information we have built over the years. Once we investigate the facts particular to your case, we will file your lawsuit against the manufacturers and other companies responsible for your injuries. During the discovery phase of the case, we will work to make certain that the defendants in the suit recognize the extent of their liability and the risk involved in trying to avoid it. Most cases reach a favorite settlement after the settlement phase, but should your case proceed to trial, you will be represented by accomplished mesothelioma and asbestos trial lawyers with a proven track record. The same is true if your case goes all the way through an appeal. You will be represented by an experience appellate lawyer who knows the courts and the issues and has prevailed on appeal many times before.
- Asbestos Bankruptcy Trust Claims – As your case is being litigated in court, we will also be at work in the Bankruptcy Trusts, filing claims on your behalf against Bankruptcy Trusts established by manufacturers that are responsible for your injuries, but have sought bankruptcy protection under Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code. Our wide ranging and proprietary database of information allows us quickly and accurately to compile the detailed and often complex information the Bankruptcy Trusts require.
In addition to filing personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits on behalf of asbestos victims and their families, Bergman Draper Ladenburg also provides families with essential services related to their lawsuits:
- For Washington state cases, we will file and monitor Pension Claims with the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries on behalf of the surviving spouses and/or dependent minor children of our deceased clients. These pensions are awarded in an amount determined by a deceased worker’s Washington state exposure, wage scale, and diagnosis. The pensions are life-long awards and are paid monthly.
- The firm will retain an estate attorney to assist in filing crucial probate documents necessary to maintain your lawsuit in court.
- We will help you file and monitor claims with the U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Workers’ Compensation Programs with regard to claims that are based on asbestos exposure covered by federal jurisdiction.
- The investigation of our clients’ employment history, asbestos exposure, and medical history is conducted by professional investigators and attorneys who conduct numerous personal meetings with clients and co-workers.
- The firm will also file third-party asbestos lawsuits for the Special Administrator of the Washington State Attorney General’s Office for our Washington state clients whose exposure to asbestos occurred while employed in the State of Washington for companies insured by the state Workers’ Compensation Program.
- We will assist Veterans in evaluating claims and questions on other potential benefits.