If you have recently been diagnosed with malignant mesothelioma, you may be questioning whether or not you should engage a law firm to represent your interests against the company who failed to protect you from toxic asbestos fibers. At this stressful time, you need someone to help you protect your right to future compensation.
Consider these five reasons why you should choose an experienced asbestos litigation firm to represent you.
1) Expertise. Asbestos cases are complex. A firm that specializes in asbestos litigation has access to the experts and resources you need to file a successful claim.
2) Energy. Although you may feel that you are up to the challenge of filing a lawsuit immediately following your diagnosis, mesothelioma is a debilitating and progressive condition. As you and your family face months of difficult treatments, keeping up with a complicated legal matter may become overwhelming. A reputable asbestos law firm will keep up with all the deadlines and red tape, so that you can focus on your health.
3) Contingency Fees. Asbestos victims do not have to pay out of pocket for legal help. If a law firm takes your case, their fee and other costs will be subtracted from any settlement or award you ultimately win. If your case does not lead to a financial recovery, you do not have to pay.
4) Leveling the Playing Field. Large companies have teams of attorneys working for them. They do not represent your interests. Thanks to the contingency fee system, asbestos victims can hire their own team of legal experts ready to fight for them.
5) History. Mesothelioma symptoms often don’t present themselves until many decades following exposure to asbestos. In some cases clients may not be sure where exposure occurred, or who should be held responsible decades later. An experienced asbestos litigation firm should be familiar with major job sites where asbestos exposures occurred, and have the ability to track down funds held in trust for future victims of bankrupt and defunct companies.
If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, protect your right to future compensation by calling an asbestos litigation law firm, today. Bergman Draper Oslund has successfully served more mesothelioma victims than any other firm in the Pacific Northwest. Put our extensive database of asbestos exposure sites and decades of experience specializing in asbestos cases to work for you.
Let us put your mind at ease, so that you can concentrate on your health. Don’t waste precious time with your friends and family worrying about legal matters. Call today for a no-cost, no obligation consultation.