Matthew Bergman, a Partner of Bergman Draper & Frockt was one of the main speakers at the Annual International Asbestos Litigation Conference held in London, England on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 and Thursday, September 30, 2010. This conference brings together numerous professionals from around the world to discuss and analyze various changes affecting international asbestos litigation.
Mr. Bergman is a highly sought after attorney to speak in many areas of Asbestos Litigation and has provided his expertise knowledge at other conferences and speaking engagements. Among an extensive list of subjects the conference addressed, here is a short summary of issues Mr. Bergman and other speakers concentrated on:
1. How the insurance and reinsurance industry is responding to asbestos related claims
2. The latest thinking on the link between asbestos exposure and lung cancer cases
3. The medical perspective on diagnostic problems in malignant mesothelioma
4. Update on the latest legal and insurance developments affecting the major asbestos jurisdictions
5. Whether a second wave of asbestos bankruptcies is coming