Work with Bergman Draper Oslund Udo for Pacific Northwest Mesothelioma Cases
If you are an attorney who has a client with mesothelioma (or who has lost a loved one to this disease) and are not sure if you have the experience, financial resources, or bandwidth to handle a complex asbestos case, consider associating with Bergman Draper Oslund Udo.
We have decades of experience, deep knowledge of Northwest job sites, and a proven track record of settlements and verdicts for our mesothelioma clients ($1 billion and counting). We welcome both referrals and co-counsel arrangements. Our team is happy to take on the lead counsel role for pretrial matters, settlement negotiations, trial, and post-trial work.
With offices in Seattle and Portland, we handle cases throughout the Northwest.
Why Work With Us?
Here are just a few reasons:
- We know Pacific Northwest Asbestos Litigation. Since 1995, we have soley focused on asbestos litigation in the Pacific Northwest, gaining a reputation as the premier mesothelioma firmin Washington and Oregon . Our team is highly knowledgeable in the intricacies of these cases.
- We take an individualized approach. We deliberatelykeep our case volume low so we can devote attention to each case. This approach allows us to maximize the value of our cases while truly getting to know our clients and earn their trust and respect. Our many positive client testimonials reflect the benefits of this approach. We treat every client like family and help them navigate their mesothelioma case.
- We’re authorities on local practice. Our attorneys are well-versed in the procedural nuances of state and federal courts in both Washington and Oregon. Additionally, we have extensive experience with both states’ workers’ comp systems
- We have created avenues of recovery for our clients. Our firm has a long history of appellate victories in Washington and Oregon. For example, our appellate advocacy has expanded the rights of asbestos victims to seek compensation against premises owners, general contractors, mask manufacturers, and other responsible entities.
- We’re skilled at keeping cases moving. We have a proven track record of getting accelerated trial dates for clients living with mesothelioma (often seven to eight months from the time of filing in King County, Washington, and within a year in Oregon). In workers’ comp cases, we have appealed multiple cases to successfully obtain monthly pension payments that will continue for the surviving spouse’s lifetime.
- We’re passionate about what we do. Our firm stands on a bedrock commitment to justice in mesothelioma cases. We take that passion outside the courtroom, contributing our efforts through education, advocacy work and community involvement.
Our lawyers have earned national recognition for their tireless work in this area. Learn more about our team.
Our Results Speak For Themselves
Perhaps the most compelling reason to work with us is our proven record of success. We have recovered more than $1 billion on behalf of mesothelioma victims and their loved ones. We are the only law firm in the nation to obtain multiple eight figure verdicts in the Pacific Northwest over the last three years.
The two highest asbestos verdicts in Oregon were both obtained by our firm:
- $8.75M Hoff verdict against a drywall manufacturer that produced asbestos-containing products, leading to mesothelioma in a carpenter who was exposed during the 70s
- $30M Ibarra verdict on behalf of an immigrant worker who developed mesothelioma after exposure to asbestos in a California factory during the 70s
Other key wins include an $11.2 million verdict for a Navy shipyard worker in Tacoma, Washington, a $10 million verdict in a Seattle case involving WWII-era exposure and numerous other seven-figure verdicts and settlements.
Learn More About Working With Us Or Referring A Case To Us
We always welcome inquiries about mesothelioma and asbestos case referrals and co-counsel arrangements. To get in touch, please call 206-558-9840 or send us an email through the website.